Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Jumpy

It's the last day of April, and still no referral! I can't believe it's going to be MAY when this finally happens. I was telling my friend Mary today that I am just ready to be done with this phase of waiting and move on to the next. Of course, the next phase will have its own challenges, but it will be shorter and just DIFFERENT.

Aaron and I contacted our social worker this week and we have a plan for how she is going to contact us with a referral. The plan is she is going to call Aaron first, and then he is going to call me and we're going to meet up to get all the details together. I was hoping she'd slip some kind of time frame in there, but, no such luck of course! Needless to say I jump each time the phone rings.

I also stopped by the library this week and picked up a few baby name books since we aren't set on any names yet. We are planning on keeping part of our baby's Ethiopian name, so it's hard to pick an American name to go with another unknown name. We can keep the library books for a month AND renew them, so we'd better have a referral by then! We're taking any suggestions you'd like to give, especially for girl names. :)

In other news...Macdaddy Music had a record number of sales for the month of April! So that's exciting.

Last weekend Aaron's mom, sister, and our niece Peyton came up to do some bridesmaid dress shopping for Jesse and Jodi's wedding. It was fun to have some time with the girls; if you want to see any pictures of the dresses we picked (I know, you are all DYING to) you can check it out here on Aimee's blog. Jodi's having all the bridesmaids wear different dresses in the same color (a navy blue - it's really pretty) and we had a fun time trying on different styles.

We went to a murder mystery dinner theater thing last Saturday with Aaron's brothers, my sister, and, of course Jodi. We had a great time, here are a couple pictures.
Hopefully the next time I post it'll be referral news, but, as I've been saying, I won't hold my breath.

4 comments:

Watterson Family said...

hello katie and aaron, i'm checking everyday to see if that referral is coming and praying that it will happen soon. here is my girl name suggestion: Olivia Peterson. I'd love to use it myself, but a recent niece of mine already claimed it! Have a great weekend!

Shelly

Anonymous said...

Katie and Aaron, those are great pictures of all of you! As to a girl's name, I met a young couple from China at a dinner party last week, and they both took English names. His was Stephan, and hers was Joy! It fit her because she had an awesome smile, and very friendly, so that is my suggestion!
Love, Grandma Lynn

Anonymous said...

HI Katie! thanks for your messages on our blog. It is so nice to get messages from people who know how we are feeling! It IS going to happen this week for us and we will meet in Addis. We are going to stay at the Sheraton for various reasons. Where are you staying? Let's just talk like this is happening and we are already traveling!!! Anyway, talk to you soon.
Love,
Lynn

Kate said...

Hey Petersons, some friends of ours named their little girl Asha, which means hope--I don't remember which language its from but I thought it was a pretty name with a great meaning that might go well with an Ethiopian name. Praying you'll get your referral call soon!
Katie