Sunday, July 10, 2011

Duluth.

We did it.
We moved, and now we live in Champlin.

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind, and I don't think it hit me what was actually happening until I was in our jam packed Subaru, by myself, driving away from our neighborhood. Yep, I cried.

Before Aaron and I left we spent some time praying and thanking God for all that he has done in our lives in Duluth and in our home. I'd just like to praise God publicly for a FEW of the MANY things He has done in our lives while residents of Duluth:

-we got married! (ten years in 2 weeks)
-we have Matea and Adlee
-our hearts have opened and embraced adoption
-we have friendships that will last a lifetime
-we grew spiritually through InterVarsity, small groups, and church
-we have mentored and been mentored spiritually
-the Lord has met every financial need we have ever had even when we had almost nothing
-God has provided for ALL our needs....not just financial...we have NEVER been without anything, and in fact, we have been abundantly blessed
-we have learned to view our possessions as God's and not our own and are still working on living that out better every day
-we have grown to have a deeper understanding of theology (I'm sure we've just touched the surface) and are working towards living that out daily

Those are the broad things that He has done....and there are more. Daily the Lord is providing for us and drawing us closer to Him - and yet sometimes I still doubt! Ridiculous. I am realizing how important it is to recount what the Lord has done so that we are encouraged and remember. There is a reason the Israelites would tell the story of what God did over and over and over in the Old Testament - perhaps we need to work on that a bit more in our household.

I am looking forward to this next phase of life and seeing what God does. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

jodi said...

by the way.........I LOVE this!

Anonymous said...

Katie and Aaron,

I always look at your blog and forget you can't see me do it! So, I have been keeping up with you in a way :)
It was so difficult for Derek and I to move from Duluth, so I can certainly relate to the moving day feeling. I pray God will bless you, Aaron, Matea, and Adlee in your new home and bring you close friends and a wonderful church family.
We live in Eagan, so let us know if you need anything!
Megan Gladen