Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fall

As I sit here on my couch with a blanket on and a cup of coffee, trying to NOT turn the heat on, I am trying to focus on the good things about fall. Typically my favorite season. However, when it comes like a slap in the face rather than that slow, enjoyable cool down into sweatshirt weather I have a hard time adjusting. Seriously, what happened to upper 60s/low 70s for a high?! We just go right into the 50s this year? Frustrating. And it is so dark so early. sigh. So, anyway...here are some things I'm enjoying right now:

-International Delight's Dark Chocolate Cream coffee creamer. I LOVE IT.
-I stopped at Caribou the other day and they have their fall flavors out!! Pumpkin Spice Latte, here I come!!
-I made chocolate chip cookies on Tuesday. They are delicious. And it warmed up the house a degree or two. I made this recipe, and it is great! Aaron says they are the best cookies he thinks I've made.
-I'm going to make pumpkin bread today and will be trying out another new recipe. Looking forward to it.
-Fall scented candles. On my list of things to purchase in the next couple of days.
-Smartwool socks, how I love thee.
-Football season. I love napping on the couch on Sunday afternoons while a football game is on. Go Vikes!
-Hot apple cider on the stove. Yum-o.
-Crock pot meals. Somehow they seem so fitting for this time of year, and so effortless. And I am a low-effort type of girl.

So there you have it. Kind of weird that most things of fall have to do with eating or drinking. Oh well. This weather also is nice for going for walks in the woods. :-)

2 comments:

Libby Design said...

Totally with you...how did we go from 80s to 50s??? Bring on the coffee and comfort food - especially since I can now wear a sweatshirt every day to hide my belly. :)

Anonymous said...

This is so beautifully written that I want to get in the car, come to Duluth, and taste each food you are talking about. Fall is my favorite, too!
Grandma Lynn