Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 9

May 9, 2008. We got The Call, and The Email, with The Picture. It was, of course, what we had been waiting for. I remember scrolling down the 1o page PDF file not caring what anything said because all I wanted to do was see her face. And, there she was.

And the most common question I STILL hear? "So, how do you like being a mom?" My answer? "Its great! She is such an easy kid." And she is easy (usually). And FUN. (usually) We know we are lucky. :-) The picture below is from May 2009.

So on this Mother's Day, I want to shout out to a few people:
...My mom - for showing me how to be a good, godly woman. And for being my friend.
...Aaron's mom - for raising a good kid. :-) And for being a mother-in-law that I enjoy!
...My friends who were moms before me - that I call with questions and who have been supportive. You know who you are - Thank You!
...And to Matea - for making me a mom! (pictures below from last month)

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

2 comments:

jodi said...

Thanks for the great post! I didn't know it would be this much fun to share "motherhood" with my own daughter. Thanks for making me a grandma!! You are doing a great job as a mom.

Libby Design said...

Wow, I can't even imagine how exciting it must have been for you to finally see your baby girl - even if it was just a picture!!! I remember sitting and bawling my eyes out when you forwarded the PDF to me...and I'm just "the Aunt"!! :) We are so incredibly thankful for Matea and also for the wonderful job you and Aaron are doing raising her. I'm sure you'll agree that being a Mom is sometimes challenging, but what a great opportunity and blessing it is - and ultimately, what an amazing honor that God has entrusted us with these sweet little ones!!

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day - can't wait to spend some time with you all again very soon. Love you all!!