Wednesday, February 17, 2010

gnocchi. delicious.

I've been making an attempt lately to work on the "food" part of our lives. My goal is to regularly have a meal plan for 7-10 days, grocery shop according to the recipes, and EAT THE LEFTOVERS. Theoretically, this should help us save money and calories since I can plan healthier meals. Last month when I attempted this plan we saved about $70 on our monthly grocery bill. Now if that isn't motivation, I don't know what is! Truth be told, I have done this in the past and not stuck with it, so here is to turning over a new leaf...or something.

Anyway...I was on eatingwell.com and came across this recipe and we really enjoyed it. I substituted spinach for the chard and also added some turkey sausage for a bit of meat....and ENJOY!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

yeah, we would save more like hundreds i'm sure because we end up eating out more often than not when i don't have a plan! and the house showings at five o'clock don't help, either...

jodi said...

I LOVE this recipe! It is so good...and introduced me to gnocchi!! Yum. It is so funny when I am cooking something good and dad comes up from the studio and says "it smells wonderful up here! What are you making?"...I feel like a real chef!

Amy said...

We were just talking about how much food we waste, and we're trying to figure out the reasons why we're always throwing rotten stuff out of the fridge! Kudos to you for making a plan. Just the fact that you have thought it through has had some effect.

Anonymous said...

If this recipe is half as good as the black bean one, I will love it. Have no idea what gnocchi is, but never too old to learn! GrMa Lynn