Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fungus

I have a fungus on my face. In two places. Yep, I have ringworm. GROSS GROSS GROSS. In case you are wondering, ringworm is the same fungus as athletes foot. We aren't entirely sure where I got it from. Matea had ringworm while in Ethiopia, supposedly she was clear of it when we met her. The doctor that we saw did not find any ringworm on multiple samples from Matea. So it is possible I got it from one of the other kids that I was holding while we were in Ethiopia and it has taken this long to show up, OR Matea has it somewhere and we just can't find it. So, to be on the safe side, we got Matea an oral medicine that we are going to give her for the next six weeks. And I got some stronger cream to put on my fungus. On my face.

I know you were all dying to know that. :)

No new pics to post - our new computer came on Friday (yeah!) and we've got to put all our old computer stuff on here. We'll get some up soon. Matea is now sitting GREAT, so we're really happy about that!!

2 comments:

Libby Design said...

Oh, I'm sorry!! Geez, it's always something, isn't it. As if us momma's don't have enough to worry. Well, we'll be praying that it clears up quickly and that no one else gets it.

Give Matea a hug for us!

Anonymous said...

This is definitely a "Bless your heart" time, Katie!
Love, Grandma L