Saturday, June 30, 2007

First Homestudy Visit

Our first homestudy visit is done!! Corrie, our social worker, came over this morning. We spent a few hours talking about our families, our marriage, and our parenting plan. It was actually a really enjoyable experience. The hardest part of the whole thing for me was when she asked me to describe my parents. I don't know why that was hard for me...I guess they are just "mom" and "dad!" I was a little distraught about the fact that our house is still in a minor state of disarray, but she didn't really even look around, which was kind of nice!! I can take the boxes that I hid out of the closet now. :) Thanks everyone for praying for our visit!

We have one more visit with Corrie down at the agency in 2 weeks. I asked her if she thought we could be on the waiting list by September, and she said that if we weren't on the list in August she'd be suprised. I'm going to start working this week at gathering the paperwork that we can now. Corrie said that the current wait time is 5-7 months for a referral, so the sooner we can get our dossier in to the agency the better (in my opinion). We know, though, that God will work things out so that the right child becomes part of our family and it won't matter if we get our dossier in at the end of July or the end of September.

So, that's the latest update! Hopefully it won't be too long before I can post that we are officially waiting....

3 comments:

Erica said...

Woohoo!!! Ours was today as well. It went SUPER! I can't wait to follow your journey. Wouldn't that be crazy if we travelled at the same time?

Anonymous said...

yay! im so happy that it went well, and that you werent too stressed out by it!

Libby Design said...

We were so happy to hear your first home study went well. It was great seeing you guys yesterday, even though it was sort of a "shotgun" family get-together. We're praying that God will guide you through this whole experience, and we know that he's preparing a sweet baby for you guys to welcome into your hearts and home! Talk to you soon! We love you guys!