Saturday, May 5, 2007

Deep thoughts about a sold house

Yesterday evening Aaron and I were sitting around waiting to hear if anyone would be putting in an offer on our house. We had one offer already, it wasn't the greatest, so we were really hoping a better one would come in. I decided to do my quiet time - I'm reading Revleation right now - and this is what I read (Rev 4:11):
"You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being."
It got me thinking some...it is really easy to praise God when he sends blessings our way, but I don't often praise God just because he exists and he created the world and all that is in it. He is worthy to receive praise if we got 10 offers on our house, no offers on our house, or if we didn't even HAVE a house. The fact that He is who he is is enough to deserve our praise - I am glad to be reminded of that!

This morning we DID get a better offer on our house - the papers are signed and all that is standing in the way is a home inspection which we anticipate will be fine. We ARE praising God that he blessed us with the new offer on our house! And we will continue to praise God because of who he is.

2 comments:

jodi said...

"The fact that He is who he is is enough to deserve our praise - I am glad to be reminded of that!"

........as Todd Johnson would say: AMEN! AMEN!
Well said Katie. I agree!

Anonymous said...

is that pic from brazil??