Tuesday, July 29, 2008

tomorrow, tomorrow...

We leave in the morning. Wow. The day is almost here. It still feels surreal. We've got Matea's gigantic bag packed, we have a bag of donations packed (48#!!) and we have a few last minute things to pack tomorrow and then Aaron and I will be ready to go. I feel like I've packed too much, but not enough all at the same time. It's kind of weird.

I REALLY don't know if we have the right stuff for Matea, but I suppose we've got the necessities (diapers, wipes, bottles, clothes) and we're buying formula there. She'll survive until we get home if we're missing anything. This is going to be quite the crash course in parenting. Here is your daughter! She's 7 months old! Good luck on your 25 hours worth of traveling home- on an airplane! I know it isn't EXACTLY like that...but....!!!

I'm hoping to update the blog while we're gone - if nothing else, my sister has instructions to post when we have a chance to send out an email or two. We have a few prayer requests - safe travels, that we'll stay healthy, fast attachment for all 3 of us, and for Aaron and I to be able to start to really get to know Matea and her personality. You can also pray for our plane ride home that there aren't any meltdowns from Matea - or me. :-)

A final thought before we leave - we find it really interesting/neat that we are coming home one year to the day that we were put on the waiting list for an infant. It has been an interesting year, full of changes, challenges, and blessing. I like it that we can look back and it is EXACTLY one year. Who knows what August 8, 2009 will be like!!

Just think - the next picture you see on here will be the three of us together! YEAH! That is going to be amazing....

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Have an amazing trip!

Becky said...

I can't wait to see the picture of all three of you! But better yet, can't wait to see all three of you in person. We are praying for your safe and healthy travels. Love you, Mom and Dad P.

Libby Design said...

We'll be praying (like we have been!!) for all of your prayer requests. Can't wait to see our latest addition to the family!! Don't let the thought of the plane ride home worry you too much - it'll be fine and people will totally understand. Love you guys!

The Bailey Family said...

Can't wait to see the pic of the three of you! Love you all!!!

Amy said...

I WILL be praying for you guys! It's been exciting to watch your journey from afar. Good luck, you'll do great.