Tuesday, July 1, 2008

For the first time in my life.....

Posted by Aaron:

.........I have a basketball hoop AT MY HOUSE! I'm going on 30 and I've never been able to walk outside my door and shoot a few hoops. Katie's parents got me a backboard and rim for Christmas this past year (thanks Dave and Jodi!) and I was finally able to put it up a few weeks ago. Thanks to my brothers (mostly Jesse - Brandon just stood around a lot) and Jon for their help with putting in a new and getting the backboard up.

When Jon and I were putting the backboard up, we had ladders on both sides of the post and the only way we could figure out how to get the stupid backboard up was for me to stand inside the hoop, lift it up around my waste (like a fat ladies girdle) and slowly, awkwardly walk up the ladder (with my hoop/backboard girdle looking so stylish). To bad we didn't get a picture of that. We would have, but Jon wasn't able to take pictures at that point since he was waiting on the other side of the post at the top of his ladder as my human safety rope. At any rate we finally got things finished up and it's been put to good use ever since.

Here's a picture of Jon putting the finishing touches on it...



Oh yes...life will never be the same.

2 comments:

Libby Design said...

SWEET!!! We're SO bringing our basketball shoes when we come up next weekend. Rock on! Remember our last game of 2-on-2 at Jon & Jo's when I was 8+ months pregnant with Peyton? Good times.

Thompson's said...

I can't forget those images of Aimee being that pregnant and shooting hoops. Glad Jon could help. Scary that you depend on him as your safety net...that is trust:-)