Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A blessing and a curse

Today was an interesting day. Here are my 2 events.

The Blessing: I was able to go with my very good friend Jo to her ultrasound appointment! She is 22 weeks along - it was so amazing to see the baby. You can see pictures on her blog - a link is to the right. Babies are truly miracles - God is so awesome - to think that he is creating that child and we were able to get a glimpse of its development before he is ready to come into this world...wow!!

The Curse: We got a phone call from our adoption agency today and were were told that we have to get re-fingerprinted for our background checks and fill out new background check forms. Apparently all the back
ground checks they had on file (we did ours last spring) expired in July because of some STUPID government law that is now in effect (I guess it's called the Adam Walsh Background Study). Ok, I'm sure it isn't actually stupid, I'm sure it is necessary and all of that, but really??? Just when I thought we were done with paperwork for a while.... ANNOYING!!! On top of that, we also need to get Jen fingerprinted for both the background check AND for USCIS (immigration) since she is listed as living with us in our homestudy (which is good, because now we are able to get a referral without any messing around if she is still here. Otherwise we'd be having to deal with this later...so yeah, it's ok).

Right now this makes me want to scream. Later, I'm sure I'll be fine. I prayed about it a little bit today, and in the grand scheme of things it isn't a huge deal. This, too, shall pass!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey kids! It's your cousin Mandie! I'm just getting caught up on all these events!! Please stay encouraged that everything will work out for the best! Paperwork is just another bump in the road, but it will all be worth it when you have that warm little body in your arms!!! I am so happy for you two!! Joshua and I are praying that everything goes smoothly!! Love you guys! Take care!