Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tell Me What You Know

Have you seen this video yet?


I saw this on a blog a while back and thought it was pretty amazing - lyrically, musically, and visually. I started checking out the album this song is on - Tell Me What You Know by Sara Groves. After reading the inspiration behind the album Aaron and I decided to pick it up.

I had high expectations for the album and when I started listening to it I was a little disappointed! There were only two songs that I loved right off the bat. However, after listening to the album a few times it has really started grow on me! I am really loving the song When The Saints. The lyrics are, in my mind, incredible. You can listen to the whole album here and check out the lyrics. Take a listen, see if you like it!

4 comments:

Libby Design said...

Great post, Katie. You're right - the video is amazingly done and the lyrics sure hit home. How overwhelmingly blessed we are as Christians and also as Americans. We have SO much more than most people in the world will ever have or could even imagine having. Sometimes it's so hard to keep the big picture in mind, but boy do we have a lot to be thankful for!!

Anonymous said...

First of all, your daughter is adorable. Love the pictures of her.

Sara Groves is my personal favorite artist. She does grow on you and once you really enjoy her music, she has an amazing message to share.

I love the songs you have pointed out but I also love 'Say a Prayer' on her 'Tell Me What You Know' CD. Sara is a big advocater against human trafficking and I believe this album was inspired by her work in this field.

I would highly recommend her CD 'Conversations' as well.

jodi said...

Thanks for sharing this!

Sara Groves said: "I had groomed and groomed and groomed my personal faith, but to what end?” - great thought provoking question.

Well done video too!

Becky said...

Thanks for the post, Katie. I started to listen to it this morning before church and it hit me so hard, I had to stop so I could pull myself together to go to church! I do find it so inspirational. I know I have been blessed so greatly in so many ways and I feel so for the people in the world who have so little. Thank you for sharing this. I will listen to the rest of it when I am alone!