Monday, January 3, 2011

pregnancy update

It is EXTREMELY painful for me to post this horrendous picture of myself on the blog. This is honestly the first time I've intentionally taken a picture of my belly....so....its pretty much one of the only ones I've got! This is me at 30.5 weeks-ish. Yep. That's pretty much all I've got to say about that!!

In other pregnancy related news........
-my blood pressure has been pretty good so far. It started creeping up a bit the last 2 appointments but nothing to worry about
-I am now at weekly appointments. Good times.
-I had an ultrasound last week to check the growth of the baby (my HBP and my medications can cause the baby to not grow very well). My sister was in town for a few days and was able to come with me. It was REALLY fun for me to have her there (especially since we sat around FOR FOREVER at the appointment). We got to see the baby yawn and then stick her wrist in her mouth. The baby is a bit on the small size, but nothing to worry about at this point. It sounds like they'll check again in a few weeks.
-Oh yeah, have I mentioned on this blog we're having a girl? I don't remember.
-I have been feeling nauseous a lot lately. EXTREMELY annoying.
-I am fine to deliver at St Luke's ("our" hospital) anytime after 37 weeks. February 10 is 37 weeks. Keep that in mind.
-I am SO ready to be done being pregnant. It has been a very easy, uneventful pregnancy which I am very thankful for, but I am just ready to be done. I miss my clothes that fit, being able to cut my toenails comfortably, and my exercise videos.

So, I think that's all I've got! Things are moving right along..........!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Libby Design said...

Katie, I'm not just saying this because you're married to my brother, but seriously, you look AWESOME for how far along you....really! I looked like a beached whale at 30 weeks, remember?? Before you know if you'll have TWO little girls running around playing with each other and it'll seem so long ago that your regular clothes didn't fit!! :) Can't wait to meet our new little niece!! Praying for a delivery to match your pregnancy - uneventful and "by the book"!!

Sarah said...

pretty sure my belly is twice as big. focus on the prize! i'm also quite sure that this baby is not at all on the small side since i have gained thirty pounds already (the total that i gained with emery) and it's head already feels huge poking out of my stomach. i agree with your sister in law, i'm praying for an uneventful delivery for you as well! i will be a little jealous if you go early, since i'm counting on being a few weeks late again, which is closer to march 25...but ashlynn's mom usually goes three weeks early, so maybe waiting that long will be good in the end.

The Petersons said...

So excited to see an update! You look great! :)

jodi said...

You look great - and how fun to take the picture by the Christmas tree!! We are so thankful that things have been going so well. We will keep praying for ALL of you!

A Joy, Grace, and Faith Filled Life said...

Excited for you! You look great, Katie. Glad things are going well, and totally understand wanting to be done.

Anonymous said...

I think you look beautiful!!
Grandma Lynn

Melis said...

Ummmm, I love you! It is super fun to get to see you at this stage of life....I feel like I have a running scrapbook in my head of our lives major events!

Jen @ Paisley Print Boutique said...

you are like, the HOTTEST preggo person ever. for serious. ;)