Wednesday, January 14, 2009

frist birthday

January 8 marked Matea's first birthday (and five months of being home)! We had a little shin dig with a few friends on the Tuesday before. It started out with the power going out for an hour...Aaron, Jen, Brandon, Matea, and I all ate dinner in the dark. :-) The power came on literally as our friends were walking through the door.

There were a few kids over so I made cupcakes for them. I had one too.
Matea was pretty clueless as to what was going on, and, unfortunately I realized I have basically NO pictures of the evening. I can't believe it! Anyway, here Matea is with her cupcake. We had a nice evening, and it was nice to have a small celebration with family and friends!




I'm working on one-year pictures for her - I'm hoping to just do them myself, but I'm finding that photographing toddlers is tough! I'm planning on enlisting Aaron's help and hopefully we'll can get a few good shots this week!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

jodi said...

Love the cupcake covered face! Happy Birthday Matea!

Libby Design said...

Awwww...looks like fun! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you guys. Happy birthday Matea!!!

Bethersw said...

hehehe. So cute!

Bethersw said...

So cute! I love it!

The Stepecs said...

Happy Birthday Matea! What a fun story to have that the power went out! I can't believe how much she has grown. Hope to meet her sometime this summer, life is just getting away from us and being able to travel to MN has just gotten one step harder! :)