Monday, October 27, 2008

first hairstyle

Today I gave Matea her first hairstyle. I have been thinking that I need to start trying things since parts of her hair are getting really long. I really wanted to try to do twists, but I think the sides are still too short. I put it in six puffs instead. I definitely need to practice doing straight parts and getting her hair tied closer to her scalp, but I think it looks ok for my first time! I do prefer it to be out and wild though, I think.



Posted by Picasa
I know these pictures aren't the best, but they get the point across. I love that expression Matea has in the last picture. She is constantly making faces!

This past weekend I went to a cabin with 3 of my girl friends. We had a blast doing absolutely nothing. Literally. It was really fun to be gone and not have any responsibilites or anything to do for the weekend! Aaron and Matea had fun - it sounds like they had a somewhat busy weekend which was the exact opposite of mine!

We have a busy week ahead of us with Jesse and Jodi's wedding on Saturday, but it should be a lot of fun. We're hoping to get Matea in the pool at the hotel this weekend!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Love the pictures, too, Katie! She did make several funny faces this weekend and it made me laugh. She is a true baby doll! Love, Grandma P.

Libby Design said...

How cute!! Mom and I were just saying this weekend it'd be fun to play around with her hair. I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with all her gorgeous hair!!

Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days!!

The Bailey Family said...

Why to go Katie!! They look great!

The Bailey Family said...

Way to go Katie! They look great:)

A Joy, Grace, and Faith Filled Life said...

her hair looks adorable! good work! I can't believe she sits still enough for you to do that! Lucky!