Alright. Time for a little change here. Katie usually posts on the "Peterson family" behalf and that's great. I really appreciate it and I know those of you who keep up with us this way do too. I read a number of people's blogs from time to time and it seems like blogging is largely done by women. Topics usually revolve around:
1. My child learned how to poop in a toilet
2. My pregnancy is going well
3. Here's a cute picture of my kid dumping sand on their head
4. So, we bought a REALLY cute outfit for little Suzy this weekend!
Now don't get me wrong. Those topics are all EXTREMELY interesting to read about, but I think some of the men out there may get a little bored with the narrowness of the subject matter. That said I thought I'd do a post on some macho topics.
1. Macho Man Randy Savage:
Today is his birthday (Nov. 15) - happy birthday Randy!!
Interesting facts about Macho Man Randy Savage:
- His signature finishing move: the Flying Elbow Drop
- Two time WWF Champion, Intercontinental Champion
- Notable quotes: "Oh yeah, dig it!", "You're gonna feel the big elbow brotha"
- Notable Victories: Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Big Boss Man, Jake Roberts, Crush
2. Caber tossing:
Also known as "telephone pole throwing." Yes it's done by men wearing skirts. Normally I make fun of men wearing "kilts" but honestly, a guy who's confident enough to wear a skirt is a guy I don't want to mess with.
3. Monster Trucks
What says "macho" more than the Grave Digger smashing the crap out of a bunch of cars?! Well, Randy Savage is first, but a close second is...the Grave Digger smashing the crap out of a bunch of cars. Oh yeah!
Interesting Grave Digger facts:
- Created by Dennis Anderson. Could this be the SAME Dennis Anderson who is also our most beloved local newscaster here in the Northland?
Maybe not, but it could be....
- 10,000 lb weight, 66 inch tires
- Fact: Custom graphics are SWEEEEEET.
Macgyver. Where to begin? Given a swiss army knife, some dental floss and a used kleenex, Macgyver could single handedly defeat global terrorism. Let's be honest people; Jack Bauer is a novice compared to Macgyver.
Interesting facts about Macgyver:
- Macgyver was born in Minnesota (so was the actor who played him)
- Disarmed a missile with a paper clip
- Made defibrillator from candlesticks and electrical cord
And last, but certainly not least, we can't forget about.....
5. Mr. T:
Mr. T is a founding father in the pop culture movement. Acting, pro wrestling, music; you name it, Mr. T either has done it or could do it if asked. How many people do you know who have done literally nothing noteworthy in over two decades who are still world-famous simply by three letters? Not only is Mr. T one bad mother, but he also teaches kids to do the right thing as shown in this hit video from 1984:
And Katie said there wasn't much exciting going on in her last post...
Well, that concludes this post from a man's perspective. Men - show your support! Leave a comment if you're in favor of more macho posts.