Wednesday, March 30, 2011

4 weeks

We are officially a month into life as a family of 4. Well, technically four weeks in, but that's basically a month in my book. Things are going well, for the most part! We weighed Adlee on Aaron's shipping scale yesterday and she's a little over 7 pounds so she's gaining weight well. I can definitley tell that she is putting on weight - she doesn't seem as "fragile" as she did for a while. I know babies aren't fragile, but its nice to have some extra cushion on her. :-)

Nighttime is going well - I feed her at 11 and around 3am (or whenever she wakes up), and then Aaron takes the 7am feeding and I sleep in. It seems to be working decently, although I am learning that I really do not do well with broken increments of sleep. I am very, VERY thankful that Aaron works from home and is flexible enough to allow me an extra couple hours of sleep in the morning. That being said, I think we're both looking forward to when Adlee sleeps the majority of the night and we can get back to a "normal" schedule.

Matea is doing great as a big sister...she is super helpful and really seems to enjoy Adlee. Today I took Matea to the library for story time with some friends and it was nice to get out and do something one-on-one with her. Plus I got to visit with some friends, so that is always nice! Matea has had a pretty wicked cold the last few days so this afternoon she and Adlee both took 2.5+ hour naps and I took a 2 hour one myself. It was FANTASTIC.

So there's the one month update. Sorry no pictures...I'll get some on here soon. Surprisingly I haven't taken a ton...I should get on that. :-)

No comments: