Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas season...

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone and Christmas is arriving at the Peterson household. We spent Wednesday to Friday morning at mom and dad Peterson's house with Brandon and the Libby's to celebrate Thanksgiving. Saturday morning we got up and headed out to Pine Knob Tree Farm with the Bailey's to cut down our Christmas tree. We have been to this tree farm for about five years now, and it has become a fun tradition.


We pulled out our Christmas/winter decorations which turned into "lets re-arrange the living room so you can see the tree from wherever you sit." So, we have furniture lining the walls of our living room which in theory I don't like, but it is perfect for Christmas.

I also found that I had finally accumulated the perfect Christmas decorations for our old house, and for our new house nothing seems to fit. So, once again, I am going to slowly accumulate decorations for this house, and by the time I have what I want we'll be moving, I'm sure! :) Good thing I only decorate for Christmas, I can't imagine doing this for all holidays.

Anyway, we were bad parents and let Matea play with the Christmas lights so we could take some pictures. So far she hasn't gone near the tree....we'll see when that happens. I'm going to try to put to use some of the photography skills I acquired at my class last spring and see if I can get some cool pictures of the tree. If I get some, I'll post them!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Libby Design said...

Love the family picture!!! And the ones of Matea playing with the lights are adorable, too!! I especially love the sweater...wherever did you get it??? :o)

Our house is all decorated for Christmas, too, now. Carson keeps wandering from room to room pointing out what things look "really cute" now. Gotta love it!

We had fun with you guys over Thanksgiving - can't wait to see you in a few weeks to celebrate Christmas with the Petersons!! Love you guys!!

Shawna said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Second one of Matea kills me! You rock at picture taking!

Anonymous said...

CUTE! I love seeing your blog.