Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One month home


Well it has been one month that we've been home with Matea. It has FLOWN by unbelievably fast. I did a little photo shoot with Matea which was fun - I still can't believe how many pictures I have to take to get ONE good one. Oh well, we had a good time, and I'm really happy with a couple of the pictures we got.

I am really surprised at how much her hair has grown over the past month. I don't think it will be too much longer until I'm going to have to start learning how to style it.

The transition to parenthood over the past month has been pretty smooth overall. Matea is 8 months old now and is a super laid back baby. We are starting to see her personality more and more everyday. She is laughing more now, which is fun. She does a funny little grunting laugh quite often, and a "real" laugh periodically. For a while it was just the grunts. :) We are noticing that she has started to get scared of things over the last couple days - I yelled at Page while Matea was on my lap and she started crying, and the noise from the food processor brought some tears this afternoon. I told her that we have a loud family and she's going to have to get used to it. :) Her tears didn't last long.

One of my favorite things that has happened over the past month is that we can tell that she knows us now. We'll get huge smiles when we walk in her room, interact with her in any way, talk to her, etc. With stranges she just stares. It wasn't all too long ago that she was just staring at us as well. It has been especially fun to see her start to recognize her aunts and uncles up here. She will start blabbing to Jen as soon as she sees her, so that's fun. She is slowly starting to recognize some of our friends, too, so we are really enjoying that.

I've got a few pictures of her and Page that I'll post soon. They get along great. Matea has just about outgrown her 3-6 month clothes (finally!). I just noticed today that they don't fit so well anymore. Which is fine by me, since I've been dying to put her in the pink top she has on in the pictures. We're going to a wedding this coming weekend, so if you see us and she's wearing that top it is because I love it. We do have other clothes for her. :)

Well I guess that's all for now! Later!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Becky said...

What a beauty! I still can't believe how adorable she is in her pictures, let alone in person! I can't wait to see her again sometime soon. Love you, Mom P.

Amanda said...

Hey you! I think the pictures are beautiful! I know what you mean about having to take a lot to get just a few really good ones. I've been doing some photography jobs on the side and maybe we will have some time together in Nov. that I can show you some of my work. Just this last Sunday I took over 400 hundred pictures and got only 59 that I really liked! Of course, we are our own biggest critics! I cannot wait to see your precious baby girl!!! Take care and see you all soon!

Mandie