Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Details, details!

For everyone who can't wait to hear more...here's the story of our referral!

We had everything set up with Corrie, our social worker, that she was going to call Aaron and tell that she had a referral for us. He was then going to contact me, and we were going to figure out a way to be together to get all the information.

A little before 2:00 on Friday afternoon I got this call at work:
"Hi Katie, this is Corrie from CHS, I can't seem to get ahold of Aaron and I have a referral to tell you about."
I got her phone number and told her we'd call back within a half hour.
I called home. No answer.
Called Aaron's cell phone. No answer.
Called Aaron's cell again. No answer. At this point I decided I was going to call his cell until he picked up.
Started dialing Aaron's cell AGAIN - the other line at work rang and it was Aaron. Apparently he was on his work line or something ridiculous like that. :)

Anyway, I left work, got home, and Aaron and I both got on a phone and called Corrie back to get all the info from his office. Obviously she is a girl, her given name is Mimi, and she currently weighs 11 pounds. We got a little bit more info, and then Corrie said "her picture will take your breath away." I was thinking "you are the social worker, you have to say that." And then we got the email with her picture and we knew she was right - Mimi is ADORABLE. You just have to smile when you look at her, she is such a cutie. And she has these big huge beautiful brown eyes...

Then the phone calls started to friends and family - except most of Aaron's family since we were going to see them the next day and we decided to tell them in person. It was a blast. Perhaps the most fun part of the day was that Jen and I had planned a surprise BBQ party for Aaron on Friday night - a party before his band played at Beaners. As word got around that we got our referral, our BBQ turned into a little celebration! We are so blessed by our family and friends...we received some cards and a few gifts and TONS of hugs. AND, my brother and his roommate showed up as an EXTRA surprise!! It was so much fun.I took this picture of the cake upside down - that's why it looks a little funny. :)

Also - We haven't decided on a name yet! We'll let you know!

No comments: